Jun 22, 2012

The Feeling Letter Technique

This would be the most important skill a person can learn in order to have a successful and lasting loving relationship. It will help you learn to release resentment and other negative feelings in order to become centered in the positive attitudes of love, understanding and forgiveness again.

The purpose of writing this letter is to helps you give yourself the support you need when your partner can't. It works only when it is written for you to feel more loving.

When writing this letter, imagine that you are sharing your feelings with someone who is really listening to you and willing to support you. If you are upset with someone, you may address the feeling letter to that person. But keep in mind you are just sharing your feelings with them; you are not trying to critique that person.

Whenever you feel upset, find a pen and a couple of pieces of paper and just start writing.

Dear ___,

I am writing you this letter to release my resentment and negative emotions, and to discover and express the positive feelings that you deserve. I am also writing this letter to ask for your support without demanding it.

Level 1 : ANGER

I dont like ...
I resent ...
I feel frustrated ...
I feel angry ...
I feel furious ...
I want ...

Level 2 : SADNESS

It hurts ...
I feel disappointed ...
I feel sad ...
I feel unhappy ...
I wish ...

Level 3 : FEAR

It is painful ...
I feel worried ...
I feel afraid ...
I feel scared ...
I need ...

Level 4 : REMORSE & APPOLOGIES

I apologize ...
I feel embarrassed ...
I am sorry ...
I feel ashamed ...
I am willing ...

Level 5 : LOVE, UNDERSTANDING, GRATITUDE & FORGIVENESS

I love ...
I appreciate ...
I realize ...
I forgive ...
I would like ...
I trust ...

Love,

...............


*Remember, whenever it is hard to be loving, that is the time to write feeling letter. Give yourself the time to explore each level, even if the feelings dont seem to be there, take a deep breath, relax and search for them.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...